Explore a Career at AMG Aluminum
At AMG Aluminum, you’ll find a team of people deeply committed to our values and inspired by the opportunity to make a positive impact on the environment. At the core of our people-centric culture is a team of collaborators, thinkers, doers and problem solvers. We work hard, we respect each other, and we celebrate our successes. We challenge our team to keep growing and learning and provide them with the tools and support needed to reach their full potential. Are you ready to take your next career step with AMG?
Headquartered in Cambridge, Ohio, we proudly operate two U.S. plants:
- The Henderson County Kentucky Plant, located near the border of southwestern Indiana, started operations in 1981 and currently employs 38 team members. They specialize in the manufacture of aluminum master alloys and production of strontium aluminum.
- Founded in 1967, the Wenatchee, Washington Plant employs nearly 50 people and is located approximately 150 miles west of Seattle. The Wenatchee Plant’s production is focused on producing master alloys and grain refining alloys for the Aluminum industry.
AMG Vanadium (AMG V) is seeking a skilled Staff Accountant to join our growing team at our Cambridge and Zanesville, Ohio facilities. In this position, you will be responsible for daily accounting tasks, including performing financial transactions and recording them in the general ledger. The Staff Accountant will work closely with internal and external partners on a regular basis to ensure all financial transactions are accurate and timely.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead by example and comply with all AMG V safety and environmental requirements, policies, and procedures, including AMG’s Code of Business Conduct
- Embrace and promote the AMG V culture in all day-to-day activities; foster and promote a culture of safety engagement and a positive, respectful work environment that is aligned with AMG’s values
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger and vendor statements to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted; investigate and resolve any discrepancies
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (e.g. by assets, liabilities, and expenses)
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and bank accounts
- Assist with monthly and year-end financial statement closures
- Minimum of three years of experience in Accounting and/or Accounts Payable
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting required; Bachelor’s degree in related field a plus
- Proven working experience in accounting and monthly financial reporting
- Demonstrated ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Strong data entry and reporting skills
- Proficient in MS Office and JD Edwards software
- High degree of accuracy, strong attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Customer service mindset and focus